Within this interview, we learned some pretty interesting stuff about Em.
- He hates the shit out of President Donald Trump: “He makes my blood boil”.
- He considers Encore a terrible album: He was under deadline pressure and wrote some of the songs in less than 30 minutes!
- He’s had bad luck with dating, and now uses Tinder and Grindr to meet people.
Wait, WTF was that last one?
The idea of a multi-millionaire rapper like Eminem resorting to Tinder to find love is hilarious by itself.
( Like who wouldn’t want to date Eminem?)
But him casually admitting that he fucks gay dudes on Grindr, all while being notorious for writing homophobic songs? That’s just too much.
Here’s a snippet from the interview:
When you were dating, how’d you meet people? Tinder?
I mean, yeah.
Are you being serious?
[Laughs] And Grindr. I also used to go to strip clubs.
So yeah, that pretty much broke the internet.
Reactions on Twitter ranged from people confirming what they apparently knew all along, and cynics saying ” there’s no way he’s serious”.
Others just simply could not believe the journalist didn’t ask a follow-up question. How do you NOT get clarification on a statement like that?
Interestingly, this isn’t the first time the public is having a conversation about Eminem’s sexuality. In the 2014 Seth Rogen comedy “The Interview”, the opening scene depicts Eminem admitting to James Franco that he’s gay on live television.
The scene is absolutely hysterical and is a must-watch.
James Franco: Let’s just back it up a moment. You just said that you were gay. And I’m just curious what you meant by that exactly.
Eminem: I mean I’m gay.
James Franco: Uh….I’m just a little confused here, because gay can mean a lot of things.
Eminem: I am a homosexual.
James Franco: Meaning….
Eminem: I like men.
But of course, every party has to come to an end. Eminem’s publicist confirmed today that his statements to vulture about finding dates using Tinder and Grindr were just ” a joke”.
or were they?
With the evidence we’ve gathered thus far, it at the very least appears that Eminem is certainly NOT homophobic, despite his liberal use of the words “gay” and “faggot” in his past lyrics.
- He’s great friends with gay icon Elton John, and even sent him a diamond-encrusted cock ring as a wedding present
- He agreed to let Sacha Baron Cohen put his bare ass in his face during the MTV awards. What kind of homophobe would agree to that?
3. in his new album “Revival”, he actually defends transgenders’ rights to fight in the military.
Honestly, Eminem seems like an extremely tolerant guy. And judging from the reaction some of his fans have had to his new album, maybe that’s not the best thing for his image .
Whether he’s actually gay or not is a complete mystery at this point.
One thing is for sure- people are going to keep talking about it.